Radon License No:- RT1069
The following extract has been taken from the EPA website:-
“Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.
You can’t see or smell radon. Testing is the only way to know your level of exposure.”
This statement is of course factual but a lot of people contest the importance of both testing for Radon and making any mitigation changes required if a high level is found. (EPA guidelines state that the level at which mitigation is required is 4 PCi/L.) The reason for this argument is that Radon exists everywhere and therefore testing is just a way of creating an un necessary fear factor.
The radon levels in a basement will be higher than any other area of the house so if your basement is an area that is used often or even contains lived in areas then we would strongly advise testing for radon. Longer periods of exposure to radon whether the levels are low or high will significantly increase the chances of lung cancer.
The radon testing process is very straightforward. A testing device is left at the property in the lowest usable \ liveable area of the property for 48hrs and then we return to retrieve the device and then obtain the radon level measured in that period. There are certain terms and conditions that must be followed including a signed agreement that the device or conditions within the property will not be tampered with throughout the testing period.
If you have any specific questions about radon or the testing process then please contact us via email or phone.